Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finding Neverland


Have you heard of that place (Neverland)? Sounds quite familiar doesn't it ?

I was looking for something in my daughter's room when i stumbled upon a dvd entitled Finding Neverland. Quite a catchy title isn't it ? Well, the last time I heard about Peter Pan was in one of those Disney movies that my children used to watch endlessly. Curiosity got the best of me and so i decided to take a little break from treasure hunting and headed to the living room.

Now, i wont spoil the fun by telling you the plot or the story, now, would I ?

Well, after the movie has ended, i found myself looking at an empty box of Kleenex. There was a sense of joy that i found watching this movie.

Indeed, as we grow older, we sometimes loose our childish imagination caused by the harshness of real life. We forget that those imaginations were our only joy once upon a time. And we actually need that in our lives to escape the bitterness of reality.

here's a little quite from the movie:
Peter Llewelyn Davies
: This is absurd. It's just a dog.
J.M. Barrie
: Just a dog? *Just*? [to Porthos]
J.M. Barrie: Porthos, don't listen! [to Peter]
J.M. Barrie: Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's *just* a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.


If I have already sparked your curiousity much , then my job is done. Enjoy the movie !

1 comment: